Wednesday, November 7, 2007

I'm Shaq

After a very long absence from blogging (Facebook Notes tells me since January), I have decided to stage a comeback. Comebacks have been very overrated this year (see: Britney Spears at the VMAs, OJ Simpson returning to the justice system, and this stinker) so I'm reluctant to say the least. What do I have that the other losers don't? Noooooooo money. That should keep me above the waters for a little while.

So much has happened since January, but since this is MY journal, I'm not going to write any of that here. I think the one thing that annoys me the most is when people post about every detail of their everyday life, everyday. I take nothing away from the people that post every once in a while, but if I know what your sleeping patterns are everyday for a week and how it was brought on by a rash you got from banging Timmy in the break room while Suzie looked on (you naughty fox you), then you're starting to annoy me.

A little explanation on the name of this new incarnation of Enoch's blog. I decided a short while ago that I need to write a musical. It's my ultimate challenge: to combine a theatrical play with music, arguably two of my greatest strengths. The idea I've come up with will not be revealed here (nor the name, which basically gives away the idea), but just know when this thing blows up on Broadway and sweeps the Tony awards, you read about it on my blog first. Even if it doesn't materialize and I never write a single song for it, it's a cool title.

I'm going to try to post everyday. It's not a promise but it's a start. Maybe not the essays I'm used to writing, but at least a little bit each day. I'm also going to try and go all 21st century on your asses by incorporating more pictures and videos to make things more interesting to look at. Again, not a promise. I do promise, however, to include the most groundbreaking and incisive issues that will serve as fodder for everyday intelligent conversation and not my usual brand of stupid, dirty, lowbrow humour. Isn't that right Al Franken in diapers and bunny ears while in bed clutching a teddy bear?

No comments: