Friday, November 16, 2007

Christmas Time Is Here

I've repositioned my head (what's left of it anyways) from the decapitation stemming from the Jericho season finale and I've fixed enough nerves to regain the typing and making sense function of my brain. Okay, just the typing function (the making sense function was never there to start with).

I'll admit that was just a tad graphic. Halloween I know was a few weeks ago, but I saw some Halloween decorations still up at a house today which means that Halloween is still going strong. But I'm confused. How can Halloween be happening when Christmas is happening? Both holidays had their decorations in stores at the same time. In Canada, November is the forgotten month. It has no major holidays (save for Remembrance Day, but the only people that can earn money from that are the people collecting money for poppies, so it's not a real holiday) and it falls right between Halloween and Christmas. Before you can say "sale candy," stores are already breaking out their festive vests and Christmas CDs. Luckily, I don't work in a store because if I did, Mariah Carey's "All I Want For Christmas Is You" would be the soundtrack to my suicide.

Tis the season as well to release giant box sets and collector's editions of everything you can imagine. I can't decide whether to get the complete collection of Beetle Bailey and His Friends, Full House, Gilligan's Island, Iron King, The King Of Queens, Kung Fu, Seinfeld, Wonder Woman, The X-Files, The Addams Family, Captain N and the New Super Mario World, Gilmore Girls, The Littles, Miami Vice, or Northern Exposure on DVD (all the above mentioned shows released their complete series in the past two weeks alone).

If I were a CEO, I would scrap the whole notion of the two month Christmas promotion. Why don't we make EVERY DAY OF THE YEAR a lead up to Christmas!? Then, Bobby Joe across the street wouldn't look so stupid with his Christmas lights still up in July because they were on sale at Wal-Mart that very week. Screw the one-month advent calender. 365 DAYS OF A CHOCOLATE A DAY BABY. Think about it; it's the best way to make a lot of money. You would never have to mark down decorations or Christmas things because everyday leads up to Christmas! I'm going to sit here and wait for that to happen like I wait for Santa. It's going to be a Christmas miracle!

No comments: