Tuesday, November 13, 2007

What I'm Addicted To Now

I just realized that if I'm to continue writing a blog everyday (or there abouts), I'm gonna run out of topics to write about very soon. SO I'm going to try out a few features that may or may not return every once in a while.

WHAT I'M ADDICTED TO NOW

(sorta like a top 5 list of things I'm really digging right now but with a way cooler name)

5) Pizza Shark pizza - There's a place near my house on Gladstone that has great pizza. I don't really know what's in it that makes it really good. I think they put tobacco in it. The place is sketchy enough that I wouldn't put it past them. Still, at $3 for two slices, really good tobacco pizza is a steal.

4) DJ Champion et ses G-Strings - I saw these guys at Bluesfest in the rain and the put on a spectacular show. A DJ and his band of 4 guitarists, 1 bassist, and 1 vocalist. I kinda forgot about them until a few days ago when I downloaded Chill Em' All. Then I bought his live album; talk about a party. Speaking of dance music...

3) UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ - Bass drum kick + high hat + snare drum = dancey/techno beat. Whether it's in DJ Champion's music or Umphrey's McGee's music, I find that all I've been listening to recently are things I can flail my body to. In my head. It sure beats the last musical sound I was addicted to a few months ago.

2) Writer's Guild of America strike coverage - There's something about striking television writers that intrigues me. It's like they've written a giant drama staring themselves and there's a cliffhanger everyday. But that could never happen; television writers can never come up with cliffhangers.

1) Jericho - I just finished downloading the entire season (6 days and 6 hours of combined downloading time. It was a monster) and I can't stop watching. It's sort of like Lost in the vein of supernatural/apocalyptic thrillers that are very cryptic and give away MAYBE one clue to what's happening in each episode. But it's so good, and I take comfort in knowing that season one will be resolved (hopefully) in the seven second season episodes that have been made thanks to fans petitioning for the second season. AWESOME 7 TIMES!!!!!!!

No comments: