Sunday, November 25, 2007

Whatever I Can Get

I really hate Facebook applications. More than Christmas decorations in November and the fact I'm not allowed to make sweet, sweet love to digital version of Angelina Jolie in Beowulf on 3D IMAX. Actually, it's not that I hate Facebook applications, I just hate the invites to Facebook applications. NO, I don't want to add "Crushes" to see if you have a crush on me, because chances are you don't but I think you have one anyways. And NO, I don't want to beat your score on Jetman, or Pacman, or Suckaman, or whatever game you play because I'm perfectly content with doing nothing on Facebook. Well, nothing other than stalking your crushes and your score on whatever game you play.

Ah. I remember a simpler time in Facebook. A time when the simple layout and ad-free template made it a vast upgrade from the make your own HTML layout and ad-infested template of MySpace. A time when it didn't cost a couple hundred million dollars to own a few percentage of the company. A time when people weren't worried about what they wrote in their profile and instead revealed every single detail about their lives. Now!? I go to a profile to check if a girl's single and under the relationship status... WHAT!? NOTHING LISTED!? Oh well, I guess I'm stuck here wondering "what if" as in "what if your relationship status was listed." I smell a hit song coming out of that last line.

I'm pretty sure that because I wrote this blog on my eternal hate for Facebook applications and their associated invitations, people are just going to spite me and invite me to every single application they own. I'm prepared for that because it shows you read my blog and you hate me enough to annoy me. But since you read my blog, you don't hate me which can only mean one thing: you have a crush on me. Ladies, set your relationship status to single.

No comments: